Your account expired support, please renew to get your support.

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    nmthorne
    Support Expired

Hi, I’ve recently installed the Spacey theme on a new wordpress installation but the demo import isn’t working as expected. I go through the “one-click” demo wizard and everything completes as expected, with no errors. I see the assets and the pages but they don’t appear to be styled/formatted correctly in the preview, nor do they appear when attempting to view the page URL.

I have a simple holding page set up for now, but everything else expected from the theme purchase isn’t working.

I’ve heard good things about Elementor as a better alternative to WPBakery, but so far not that impressed.

Hi you,

I have just imported demo for you, please recheck and let me know if you need to help.

nmthorne
    Support Expired

Hi, Yes thank you, theme is now looking correct. What had I done wrong for it not to display properly?

I do have another query. I removed the header/menu and footer from my holding page (so this remains clean and simple while I customised the look and feel of the main theme) but they have been removed from all pages and I’m not sure why.

I also can’t seem to see how or where to edit these components to reinstate them across the site.

Many thanks

Hi again,

I just re-imported the header and footer for you, please don’t delete these templates if you don’t know how to use them.

To edit header, please go to Edit header builder

To edit footer, please go to Edit footer

nmthorne
    Support Expired

Thanks for doing this. However, whatever has happened has now caused the site to grind to a complete halt and it looks as though its reverted back to the same problem I had yesterday i.e. the pages are there but nothing is formatted correctly.

http://the-nineteenth.co.uk/home-1/

I’m very tempted to remove the wordpress install completely and start from scratch.

nmthorne
    Support Expired

I’m removing the install and starting over.

nmthorne
    Support Expired

Hi this theme is now causing all sorts of problems, even on a clean install of WordPress. I’ve installed wordpress which works no problem. Now, when I install the Spacey theme using the original .zip file, it installs and completes. When doing anything more, activating, previewing, anything, it results in the following…

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[‘ in /var/sites/t/the-nineteenth.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/spacey/inc/merlin-config.php on line 70
    There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

I’ve checked this file and there isn’t an unexpected ‘[‘ on line 70.

This is line 70:
    $selected_import = ($this->import_files())[$selected_import];

This theme is really causing a lot of issues, from basic installation to theme issues.

Please can you advise how to fix.

Hi you,

About this issue, please update PHP version up to 7.4.

Follow at https://wordpress.org/support/update-php/

nmthorne
    Support Expired

Thanks Billy.

I’ve done all of this and installed the theme again successfully. I have the same trouble as my original post in that the pages don’t appear to be formatting correctly.

For example: http://the-nineteenth.co.uk/home-1/

Is there something you need to do again to get this displaying correctly?

Many thanks

Hi again,

I fixed this issue, please recheck.

nmthorne
    Support Expired

Thanks Billy.

Is there any reason why the site is so slow running Elementor? I’ve got a few sites running on the same server using WPBakery and this is the only one which is very slow to load?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.