Your account expired support, please renew to get your support.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Demy
    Support Expired

Hello Billy,

I’ve been trying to understand how to make a new language for the site. I have currently almost completed the English site and I thought I would start making the Greek one.

1) I have downloaded the Loco translate plugin, but I’m not sure what I must do to create the new language and the language switcher. Do you have any advice or some tutorial that might help me understand?

2) Also I tried writing in Greek in the site and I saw that the theme font does not work in Greek, is this an issue that can be fixed?

Hi you,

#1. To use a multilingual website, you need to install additional WPML or Polylang plugin.

#2. Greek is an RTL language, you need to convert your website to this language or use the Multi-language plugin as mentioned above to install RTL for your Greek language

Demy
    Support Expired

Can you please tell me how to translate
    https://prnt.sc/_LScBsLTytOB

It doesn’t give me the option to translate them like it does with pages
    https://prnt.sc/gzdStWTnd1SJ

Its the same for activities, stay & What we do

Also I can’t find a single piece of text on loco translate. Isn;t it supposed to pull the text from the site so that I can translate it manually in wordpress? or am I mistaken.

Do I just replace the text in each newly created page? if so what is the purpose of loco translate?

Sorry I’m just a bit confused as to how I’m supposed to do this.
    Any help is appreciated.

Demy

This reply has been marked as private.
    Demy
    Support Expired

Okay so if I understood correctly I don’t need loco translate at this moment since I have a multilingual site.
    I’ll try my luck with Polylang and let you know if I will need the package you offer with WPML.

I also have a final question:
    In Greek the fonts are a really different style to the design of the template, can I change the default font for Greek or can I import another font to use? If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Demy

Okay, you can use custom css code as follows:

html[lang='el'] selector{
    font-family: your-font;
    }

With the selector being the object you want to customize the font

Demy
    Support Expired

Hello Billy,

I am trying to translate the site currently but am facing some difficulties.

1) Can’t translate the home page slider without changing the Enlish too.
    2) Can’t find how to translate the footer
    3) When I try to translate any activity, the information about cost, availability, age etc, that we input from worpress changes in both languages (see horse riding)
    4) When I create and translate pages in Greek and want to make any tweak in the media of the page, the library is completely empty. Even when I make a translation of a breadcrumb, the media library is completely empty.

Can you help me understand how to solve these problems?

Thank you in advance

Demy
    Support Expired

Okay many things have been fixed so I can progress now!

But what is the problem with the pictures? the media library continues to be empty, do you know what the problem is?

Please take a photo screenshot about this issue, I will check again.

Demy
    Support Expired
    Demy
    Support Expired

Ok, I fixed this issue, please recheck your site.

Demy
    Support Expired
    Demy
    Support Expired
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.