Your account expired support, please renew to get your support.

HomePage Forums Themes Support Umimo – Furniture Store WordPress Theme Search for not just portfolios, but also portfolio categories

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    hmkitchen
    Support Expired

And also while you are at it, could you also help and have a look at this error that showing again now.

error

Thanks!

Hi,

I have received your payment, the customizations will be in progress and you will be notified when completed.

Hello,

I resolved all customs, please delete all caches and recheck your site.

hmkitchen
    Support Expired

Hi,

Thanks I have tested the searching for product title it works fine.

But for the category, I didn’t expect it to be a dropdown. But instead just the same old search function design, when user types in something like modern or classic or contemporary, the portfolios that are in these categories will show up. Same goes with when user click on Enter to go to the search result page, the results should be everything that is under the relevant category.

I think this will be better than the current approach. Because the current approach that you implemented, the category must be selected and then only the portfolios in that selected category are shown. Additionally, when the category is selected and clicked on enter without anything typed in the search field, it brings to the search result page with everything in it.

That would defeat the purpose of letting user search for the style or type of portfolio they want.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by hmkitchen.

Hi again,

As per the initial description and agreement, you are only required to search portfolios by selected category.
    The cost of these customizations has also been discounted by 50% to be able to complete.
    So for these extra customization requests you will have to pay extra if you want me to do it

hmkitchen
    Support Expired

Hi,

I understand and appreciate that you have given the discount to ease our operation. But I think that were some misunderstanding when we first discussed. I did not mention to search portfolios by selected category, but search portfolios titles AND portfolios category.

In reply #29056, I mentioned:
    For example, if I search for a portfolio category, the search result will be whatever single portfolios that is in that category.

In reply #29119, I mentioned:
    #3. Yeah I need the search function to be able to be searched by portfolio category and portfolio title(not including portfolio content/description/keywords).

I thought I was pretty clear with it when I put able to be searched by portfolio category and portfolio title as in they would be able to use the search function to search both category and title.

Since this is the situation now, I will discuss with my team and see how do they think first. In the meantime, can I request to do this one thing?
    – When user selects a category and clicks enter without typing anything in the search field, bring the user to the result page with all portfolios under that category.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by hmkitchen.

Hi,

I have read all of the previous responses and the requests I summarize and confirm to you, all of which are single portfolio searches within the selected portfolio, not to mention searching the portfolio by categories. key word.
    If you mentioned this in the first place, I wouldn’t have agreed to that custom fee.
    I won’t customize anything if we can’t agree on this.

hmkitchen
    Support Expired

Hi,

Alright then. I will convince my client to accept this.

Are you able to finish the customization by completing this one last thing:
    – When user selects a category and clicks enter without typing anything in the search field, bring the user to the result page with all portfolios under that category.

Thanks!

Ok, I resolved this issue, please recheck your site.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.